Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Lesson #1a--FORMATION

Ok...I'm going to do this in several posts because it's so long. This will describe the whole process of becoming a Sister (the School Sister of St. Francis way)!

Formation
(aka "initial formation", "incorporation", "welcome to the club"...OK not the last one, but you get the idea)

  • There is a process that we go through from the time we start discerning (there's a good nun word for you all) until you make your life commitment. Once you decide to enter the congregation, you begin the process of "Initial Formation". Different congregations have different "titles" for each stage of formation, but most congregations have a very similar process.

As the Newbee of the group, I have the great pleasure of being in Initial Formation right now! So all of this stuff is very "fresh" for me and exciting for me to be able to share as I move through these stages. Buckle your seat belts, folks, here we go!

No comments: